sUAS Level I Thermography Certification
The ITC sUAS Level 1 Thermography Certification course is geared to the individual or corporation wanting focused training on aerial IR inspections and applications. This 4-day course is designed for the sUAS pilot who needs the background, skills, and knowledge to properly capture and interpret thermal images. Topics include: infrared science, a solid basis in a wide variety of popular applications, sUAS safety, and how to select the proper camera and lens combination for your needs. Learn from the leaders in the industry how the cameras function, as well as how to get the best image from your camera. This course will show you the powerful application of thermography from the air, and the limitless applications that surround this exciting new platform. Attendees who complete all training course requirements will receive an sUAS level 1 Infrared Thermography certification that is recognized by industry professionals.
- Apply thermography theory, science and techniques, including interpretation of radiometric survey results specific to aerial applications.
- Learn how to plan your flight’s altitude and range-to-target so that you can get accurate thermal information about your target of interest.
- Familiarize yourself with sUAS anatomy and inspection points.
- Understand sUAS IR solutions and specifications to make informed decisions as to what platform and IR cameras are best for your application.
- Maximize post processing software for image analysis, report generation, and video editing.
*Please Note*- Online Course currently available for United States & Canada only, due to advance shipment of course materials & content. Separate sessions will be scheduled for US & CA. Please see schedule below for details.
*In this course we will try to demonstrate some of the aerial thermography concepts taught in the classroom during in-flight exercises. However, our ability to fly may be impacted by local airspace, weather, facility permission, and other unforeseen circumstances*
A registration fee of $1995 USD includes course instruction, course materials, continental breakfast and lunch each day.
Please note that prices may vary for courses conducted outside the continental U.S.; please confirm your price with your local ITC course agent.
No previous thermography experience or IR camera is required.
Students who complete all training course requirements receive a sUAS Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.
Level I learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam are based on requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing.
ITC Certification is the gold standard qualification within the thermography industry and exceeds the requirements of international standards