Level I Electrical Thermography Certification
The Electrical Level I Thermography Certification training course is geared to the new infrared camera or practicing thermographers wanting focused training primarily on electrical inspection, but also covering a variety of condition monitoring / predictive maintenance applications. Course focuses on commercial electrical systems from the building service through switchgear, bus ducts, motor control centers, electrical distribution panels, and breakers. Marketing and selling your infrared inspection services is also covered. Attendees who complete all training course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive a Level I Infrared thermography certification.
Interested in getting certified? Be sure to check out our Infrared Training Certification Checklist!
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Acquire good electrical inspection safety procedures.
- Study indoor and outdoor electrical equipment inspection methods.
- Recognize the typical thermal patterns associated with electrical faults. Visit our image gallery.
- Collect quality data, and account for effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze images.
- Review severity criteria used for electrical inspections.
- Learn how to report your findings with infrared analysis and IR reporting software.
- Avoid costly mistakes - learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
A registration fee of $1995 USD includes course instruction, course materials and lunch each day. Please note that prices may vary for courses conducted outside the continental U.S.; please confirm your price with your local ITC course agent.
Learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam are based on requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing.
- Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services: 16 CEUs
Choose location to register for Level I Electrical Thermography Certification :EMEA Courses
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Country||Price||Register with Credit card|
|05/01/2018||05/04/2018||Boston Regional Training Center (ITC) Register two, get 50% off second registration at this location||United States||1995 USD||
|05/07/2018||05/10/2018||Burlington, ON (FLIR) Register two, get 50% off second registration at this location||Canada||2395 CAD||
|06/12/2018||06/15/2018||Tampa, FL (Four Points Sheraton - Tampa Airport)||United States||1995 USD||
|07/17/2018||07/20/2018||Nashville, TN||United States||1995 USD||
|09/25/2018||09/28/2018||Atlanta, GA||United States||1995 USD||
|10/23/2018||10/26/2018||Phoenix, AZ||United States||1995 USD||
|11/13/2018||11/16/2018||Minneapolis, MN||United States||1995 USD||