IR Home Inspection Training
The infrared home inspection training course is designed to instruct the professional home inspector in the practice of thermography. The course provides basic thermography training including: infrared camera operation, infrared fundamentals, thermal science and heat transfer. This two day course provides thermography examples of structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical construction defects and other infrared applications specific to the home inspection profession. Attendees learn how to create professional infrared reports by image interpretation and the use of correct terminology. View the daily course schedule.
This course includes a review of software reporting tools, as well as basic infrared camera operation. We highly recommend you take one of our online web courses for your specific FLIR infrared camera before coming to class.
Please note online training may not be available for some infrared camera models. If an online course is not offered for your infrared camera type, please refer to your user's manual. Prior infrared camera training is not required to attend, but it is highly recommended to benefit the most from the course.
- Why and how thermography works
- Basic infrared camera operation
- Principles of infrared science and heat transfer for home inspections
- How to properly interpret infrared images and avoid reading errors
- Where and how thermography can be used in home inspections
- How to safely use thermography
- How to professionally convey findings using reporting software
- How to assist clients in the purchase decision
- How to market thermography in the home inspection profession
Who Should Take this Course
- Home inspectors
- Energy auditors
- Real estate agents
- Building inspectors
- Home owners
A registration fee of $995 USD includes course instruction, course materials and lunch each day. Please note that prices may vary for courses conducted outside the continental U.S.; please confirm your price with your local ITC course agent.
Please contact the ITC at 1-866-TRAIN-IR for on-site options for the home inspection training course.
ITC: 16 Certification Renewal Credits
Choose location to register for IR Home Inspection Training :EMEA Courses
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Country||Price||Register with Credit card|
There are no records found